QDEK 2000: Engineered for High Heat Performance
Do you need a reliable heat resistant adhesive in your kit? We know the challenges that come with flat roofing, and we’ve developed a trusted roof membrane adhesive that’s both moisture resistant and high temperature resistant. Don’t worry about hot weather affecting your work: QDEK 2000 has got you covered whatever the weather.
Here at QDEK, we’re all about rapid drying, high coverage, versatile adhesives, and this one’s a belter. QDEK 2000 is a high performance, industrial web spray contact adhesive that won’t let you down. It’s super versatile and bonds TPO/FPO flat roofing membranes to a wide range of roofing decks including concrete, insulation boards, plywood and cementitious boards.
Fast High Tack: First things first – QDEK 2000 flashes off in under 3 minutes. This fast high tack formula is seriously strong and will outperform the roller and bucket every time. You can relax knowing that 80% of the final strength will be achieved in 24 hours. This rapid adhesive gives you confidence that your work is high quality and complete within just a few hours. What more could you want?
High Heat Resistance: QDEK 2000 will never let you down – an ultra-tough bondline is guaranteed in all weather. Expect excellent green strength even if you’re working with high temperature exposure. QDEK 2000 is temperature resistant from -30°C to 90°C, so you’ll never have to worry about the weather compromising your bond again!
Non-Chlorinated Formula: QDEK 2000 has been put to the test by Quin Global’s innovation team and is certified as a ‘Healthy Adhesive’. We’ve removed all the nasties and refined the development of the product so roofers can rest assured that toxic and carcinogenic elements have been avoided. QDEK is on a mission to reduce the amount of Volatile Organic Compounds (VOCs) in our adhesives – your health and safety means a lot to us.
QDEK 2000 User Tips
– Get off to a solid start by making sure your surfaces are clean, dry and free from any grease or dirt – this will maximise the performance of the product..
– Prior to use, try to shake the canister well, secure the hose tightly and release the valve carefully to prevent any leakages.
– Always do a patch test! This means you know what to expect and get the most out of the product.
– Remember the optimal temperature for bonding is between 60 ˚F – 80 ˚F (16 ˚C – 27 ˚C) – so try to pick a good time for peak performance.
– Apply an even coat & spray 10-20cm away from the surface at a 90-degree angle. We recommend 50% overlaps applying an even coat of adhesive to obtain 80% – 100% coverage of the surface. It’s that simple!
– Allow 2-3 minutes to tack off – tap your knuckles on the surface if there’s no transfer then you’re good to go.
Join the Roofing Revolution with QDEK
Get in touch with us if you want to know more about QDEK 2000. Contact Us today if you’re a contractor looking for a high-performing, heat resistant adhesive or browse our full selection of smart roofing primers and adhesives here.